Last modified: February 22, 2022
This Policy describes the types of information we may collect from or about you or that you may provide when you visit a website operated or controlled by us, including www.knowledgenet.ai (collectively, our “Website“), open an email sent by us, or otherwise interact with us, and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information. If you are (or become) a user of our product offerings (a “User”), our collection and use of information from and about you is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the relevant portions of our Master Terms and Conditions or other agreement in place between us and the entity that invited you to become a User.
This policy applies to information we collect prior to you becoming a User:
- On this Website;
- In email, text, and other electronic communications and interactions between you and us; and
- Otherwise from or about you, whether in person, via referral from a third party, or in any other manner.
Please read this Policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is not to use our Website or otherwise interact with us. By accessing or using this Website, or otherwise interacting with us, you agree to this Policy. This Policy may change from time to time, as described below. Your continued use of this Website and/or interaction with us after we make changes constitutes acceptance of those changes, so please check this Policy periodically for updates.
Children Under the Age of 18
Neither our Website nor our product offerings are intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Website, use our product offerings, or otherwise provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at email@example.com.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about visitors our Website and other non-Users with whom we interact, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, employer, postal address, e-mail address, and telephone number (“personal information“);
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as ephemeral tracking cookies that tell us your navigation path through our Website during a particular browsing session; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us;
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies; and
- From third parties, for example, an existing User may refer a potential client to us and provide certain personal information regarding that potential client.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect about you may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided on a “contact us” web form;
- Records and copies of your correspondence, and the information provided in such correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us; and
- Your search queries on the Website.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website or open emails sent to you by us or on our behalf, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including time, date, pages visited, web browser, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Details regarding your viewing and interactions with emails sent by us or on our behalf, such as when the email was accessed, with what email client, and if you forwarded that email. If you click through any links in an email we send you, we may connect information regarding your interaction with that email with information regarding your visit to our Website as a result of clicking through that email link.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is only statistical data, but, as mentioned above regarding clicking through a link in an email, such statistical data may be connected to your personal information and we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. This statistical information helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized Website, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Potentially recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To market our product offerings to you.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers, or others.
Choices About How We Collect and Use Your Information
You have the following control over your information:
- Promotional communications from us. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by us to promote our product offerings, do not provide it to us. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we use reasonable efforts to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website or otherwise provided to us. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for unlawful or wrongful actions taken by third parties with respect to your personal information.
It is our practice to post any changes we make to this Policy on this page. If we make material changes to how we treat our users’ personal information, we will notify you through a notice on the Website home page that this Policy has changed. The date this Policy was last revised is identified at the top of the page. You are responsible for periodically visiting our Website and this Policy to check for any changes.
To ask questions or comment about this Policy and our privacy practices, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org